Thursday, January 4, 2007

A re-introduction (... again)

You may have noticed a few things look... different. Well frankly I got fed up with posting my updates using PHP-Nuke and decided to use a much simpler blog type interface. Hopefully it makes it easier both for me to post and people to read. There's still a few things I need to migrate over to the new format but until then the old PHP-Nuke page will stay up for content managment (and to allow access to my demos and such).

For those who haven't been to the site before here's a brief introduction about myself.
My name is Aurelio Reis and I'm an enterainment software engineer, which is a fancy way to say I program video games. I was born in Brasil but grew up in South Florida. The past few years however I had been living in Madison, Wisconsin where I was employeed by Raven Software and worked on such great games as Jedi Academy, Quake 4 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Deciding I needed some variety in my life I decided to take a chance and moved to Hunt Valley, Maryland (near Baltimore) to work for Firaxis Games, home of the legendary Sid Meier and the makers of such fine games as Civilization and Pirates. I've already learned so much here and look forward to the many great years to come.

When I'm not working I like to spend time with my fiance Heather, play games, play guitar, make electronic music and program my own games. The rest of my free time is used to work on a personal project that I've been working on for a number of years and am still very excited about, Star Trader Online, a space strategy game. You can find out more about STO on the online design doc I keep here.

Well thats all I've got for now. Later!

No comments: